Web, Tech, & Business Articles
- Social Media Today
- Search Engine Journal
- The Canadian Business Quarterly
- Yahoo! Small Business Advisor
- Verizon Business
- Business 2 Community
- Digital Journal
- Web & PHP Magazine
- The Suburban
- CIMA Blog
- Yahoo! Voices
- Inside SEM Magazine
- MTL Blog
- SEO Shopping Carts
- Citynet Magazine
- Ezine Articles
Challenges to Canadian Societal Paradigms: Transformation and New Digital Systems
10 Social Media for Business Reality Checks
Your Social Media Footprint Could Get You Fired
The Classification of SEO Shopping Carts (This was the first ever search engine optimization e-commerce evaluation system that focussed exclusively on SEO. I created the methodology in 2005 and it remains the only e-commerce platform categorization system which assigns a classification code to shopping cart solutions.)
Travel, Tech, Dating, Lifestyle, Food, Entertainment and Nightlife Since 1997
I’ve been the Editor-in-chief and a digital journalist for Citynet Magazine since its earliest version in 1997. The publication covers topics such as food, travel, lifestyle, dating, beauty, nightlife, geek (e.g., sci-fi, Marvel, comiccon), health and wellness, entertainment, tech, startups, money, humour, music, society, and pop culture. Aside from editing duties, I’ve written hundreds of articles on a wide range of topics. I’m well-rounded that way!
How to Get Free Airline Tickets
Why a Professional Photographer Does it Better Than Your Boyfriend
The In-Crowd is Moving to the Nuns Island Pointe Nord Neighbourhood
INTERNET ADDICTION STUDY
Problem Internet Use and Locus of Control Among College Students
The results of a pioneering and important study on college student Internet use (“Internet Addiction”) is available to the public. Although it has been years since it was originally presented at a conference, it remains relevant. If you choose to cite it, please let me know (no big deal but appreciated). Since I published the PDF version in 2011, it has been cited academically 62 times (that I know of)!
A selection of my academic and clinical research
When it comes to academic, clinical research, and related projects, my work has been published and/or presented (e.g., in poster form) many times. Some of that work is now available online, such as:
- My McGill University Master of Arts Thesis won the award for best thesis. The topic was high-risk behaviours among Quebec teens.
- Research on the effectiveness of parent training on their children with Autism. Clinical work and research on children with Autism, especially parent training and Behavioural Psychology were my main areas of focus for many years.
- Research on the development of symbolic play among infants and toddlers.
- Research on the way college students use feedback in learning.
I’ve held academic and research editorial positions such as:
- McGill School and Applied Developmental Psychology Newsletter
- The ICFP Child Development Bulletin (Institute of Community & Family Psychiatry)
- Boston College Applied Developmental & Educational Psychology Website
I’ve developed and written clinical and academic research tools for use in hospitals, universities, and research facilities, such as:
- Expressive Language Coding Manual
- Problem Internet Use Survey